Professional Home Inspections for over 26 Years.
Angie's List Super Service Award Winner 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015!!! BBB A+ Rating!
Let's face it - Finding a home inspector is easy. Finding a qualified, experienced home inspector is difficult, and very critical. My home inspector license is #34, meaning I was the 34th person in the state to become a licensed home inspector. Whoever you do hire make sure they are also a Licensed Mold Assessor / Inspector. FL is subtropical and hidden mold issues are common. Having your home inspected by an inspector that is also licensed in mold is very important.
Carefully review my resume' below. Feel free to call with any questions. We are family owned and operated, I personally perform all inspections. My wife answers the phone and she'll answer questions you didn't even know you had.
Call Patrice at 239-354-3540
Infrared scanning of your new home, just one of the many important differences between us and the competition.
This is a partial list of my experience and qualifications
In the early 80's I worked for a large structural engineering firm in Indianapolis, IN. I was responsible for inspecting and construction monitoring of everything from bridges to high rise structures. I did this during the day while getting my Electrical Engineering Degree at night. I later went on to be a general contractor specializing in rehab of historical homes with major structural issues. I also built single family homes, mostly because I enjoyed it. In 1989 I decided to switch full time to home inspections, as the Savings and Loan crisis had stopped all the construction loans.
- Performed over 15,000 inspections with over 30 years combined experience.
- Licensed Home Inspector #34 in the state of FL.
- FL licensed Mold Inspector / Assessor
- Wood Destroying Organism (Termite) ID Card Holder JE13664
- Certified Residential Infrared Thermographer.
- FL Licensed Radon Tester.
- 4 years at Alt & Witzig Engineering, Indianapolis, IN. All manner of field inspections, also responsible for lab work that included testing of construction materials, including concrete, asphalt, soils and much more.
- 1983 Honors graduate in Electrical Engineering. I enjoyed it very much, but quickly realized I didn't belong sitting behind a desk.
- 1985 Started Able Builders with my father (the name was his idea). Specialized in historic home renovation, especially those with major structural issues that no one else would touch. Eventually the city of Indianapolis would call me specifically when they had projects no one else would take. I also built single family homes, mostly because I really enjoyed it.
- 1985 - 2002 Licensed General Contractor.
- 1989 I had been doing home inspections for several years, but decided to concentrate on home inspections full time in 1989, so I started Able Home Inspections for name continuity.
- Master Inspector Certification.
- Past president of a major ASHI state chapter.